Function pointers/delegates default args were stealth removed?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 11:08:01 PDT 2012

On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:19:11 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu

> On 8/27/12 8:46 AM, Manu wrote:
>> The feature was obviously intended, someone took the time to put it
>> there in the first place, and people use it.
>> It's implementation is apparently not perfect, and needs to be
>> clarified, maybe that requires a design tweak. That seems more what
>> Kenji is talking about to me.
>
> It does. Also, Kenji found a variety of issues that have no clear
> solution. I think there's no need for me to argue that features that
> "almost work" are not a good way to go, even though they are useful when
> they work.

That's not true, Kenji asked how the feature should behave in certain
cases, and I answered every one of them.  There is a clear and valid
solution.

Whether it's worth implementing or not is another question.  I think if
it's not implemented we can come up with a very clunky library solution,
but I'd rather see the compiler do it.

-Steve