Function pointers/delegates default args were stealth removed?

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 14:29:21 PDT 2012

On 28 August 2012 00:08, Maxim Fomin <maxim at maxim-fomin.ru> wrote:

> On Monday, 27 August 2012 at 20:29:15 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
>

>> That guy just have to rework 5 projects. This is quite a lot of work.
>>
>> Obviously, that change have to be done. But you can't just impose such a
>> change on users. Their agenda isn't synchronized with D's.
>>
>> D NEED a better versioning scheme, as explained MANY times here already.
>>

> I may be considered rude, but as I have understood from the first post Manu
> 1) decided to use a not fully designed language feature

Where is that stated? It appeared to be a perfectly good, working, and
awesome(!) language feature.

2) used this feature in public API when working with DLLs (which is by
> itself a problematic area)

Are you suggesting using DLL's is asking for trouble? Dynamic linkage is a
fundamental part of software.

3) integrated this with other language in a a way that require substantial
> rewrite and possibly redesign

D will interact with other languages in the real world, if anything, my
doing so and talking about my approach and experience is a service.

4) updated compiler

No shit, D has loads of bugs which are rapidly fixed all the time.

which I consider a process of looking for problems and no excuse for making
> code-break change. Anyway, older version of compiler is available.

Whatever.