Cross-compilation

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Wed Aug 29 13:46:27 PDT 2012

Am Tue, 28 Aug 2012 11:37:48 +0200
schrieb "sidhu gaikwad" <sidhugaikwad1 at gmail.con>:

> On Tuesday, 28 August 2012 at 09:21:55 UTC, Chris wrote:
> > Probably this question has been asked and answered before, but
> > I wonder if there is a way to cross-compile D code so that you
> > can work on one platform and simultaneously create code for
> > other platforms. In my case it would be Mac to Linux. I can
> > imagine that there are a lot of dependency issues (especially
> > on Windows).

Very informative post.

P.S.: Chris, you could try a GCC cross-compiler. It isn't easy
the first time, but it should work if done right. One hurdle
for example is that you need to chose the correct GDC
development branch. The main branch targets the .8 series,
which isn't stabilized, and there is a compatibility branch
for .7. There is a wiki page on building a GDC cross-compiler
somewhere as well, maybe a bit outdated.

--
Marco