Vote for std.digest: ACCEPTED!

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 13:55:40 PDT 2012

The voting ends today, time to count the votes.

With the result of 6 YES votes vs 1 NO std.digest package is accepted
for inclusion into Phobos.

Congratulations, Johannes.

---

Still, there is one thing that bothers me.

Of few issues that were found (and addressed) during voting there is one
that requires a global change (in std.algorithm). I'm talking about this
comment by Andrei:

 > * This example:
 >
 > copy(oneMillionRange, &ctx); //Note: You must pass a pointer to copy!
 >
 > suggests we're doing something wrong. I think a better solution would be
 > to have copy() take the target range by "auto ref", and institute this
 > passing convention as a general rule for output ranges.

About time to remind us of auto ref and how it works then.
The end result is we need to get a version of copy that:
- doesn't break existing code
- takes destination by ref when possible thus fixing this pattern.

--
Olshansky Dmitry