Some lazy code to D

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Aug 29 16:15:20 PDT 2012

Peter Alexander:

> In general, it is not possible to have both full expressiveness
> and full performance.

The ShedSkin compiler has shown me that in some important cases
this is not true. But even if in this case you are right, I am OK
with that, because I write both performance-critical D code, and
D code where high performance is not needed. A feature usable
only in the second kind of functions is acceptable to me :-)

> What I do know is that it is far too big a feature to be adding
> at this stage in D2.

Now maybe it's not the right moment to add important features to
D, for various reasons. But maybe 2-3 years from now the
situation will be different.

Bye,
bearophile