Is anyone working on a new std.variant?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Aug 31 03:10:53 PDT 2012

On Friday 31 August 2012 10:55:15 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> See title. I recently came across a bunch of pure/nothrow issues with
> std.variant and fixing them is just not possible with the current design
> (dynamic operator dispatch). I'd literally have to rewrite the whole
> thing or use some extremely dirty hacks resulting in implementation
> defined behavior. I'd rather rewrite it, but not if someone's already
> done it.

Robert Jacques did, but I don't know what its current status is. He was
supposedly going to submit it for review for Phobos, but it seems to have
fallen through the cracks. And I think that Dmitry has been doing some work on
it recently as well, but I don't think that he's yet embarked on rewriting the
whole thing.

- Jonathan M Davis