Garbage Collector

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 00:44:39 PST 2012

12/1/2012 11:35 AM, Ali Çehreli пишет:
> On 11/30/2012 10:54 PM, Maxim Fomin wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes. There is already a precise GC implementation for D, which should
>>> be available with dmd as early as 2.062.
>>>
>>> Ali
>>
>> Please elaborate about GC plans for 2.062. I saw thread related to GC
>> GSOC project and precise GC, however I do not remember about
>> announcements to pull it in master branch.
>
> I was relaying Dmitry Olshansky's optimism:
>

> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/k95mf2$1aar$1@digitalmars.com#post-k9autf:241jma:241:40digitalmars.com
>

> Quote: "I'd just throw in that we have a (almost) precise GC that is
> used by  at least one large project (the VisualD apparently). Though
> there were some problems with it. Anyway I'd expect to see it in
> upstream by 2.062 at least.".
>
> Ali

Yup, being optimistic here.

In any case I don't expect it in 2.061 as this version should feature
win64 and that's already a whole lot of work. It feels like a release is
not far away.

So 2.062 sounds precisely like a version to go for.

The VisualD announce is more then a month ago:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/k59kg5$4dt$1@digitalmars.com

The relevant GC fork should be this one:
https://github.com/rainers/druntime/tree/precise_gc2

So basically one should be able to try it right away.

--
Dmitry Olshansky