D Stable Proposal

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Sun Dec 2 17:54:01 PST 2012

On Saturday, 1 December 2012 at 03:16:36 UTC, 1100110 wrote:
>> On 11/30/12 4:49 AM, 1100110 wrote:
>>> Andrei's support is also necessary, IIRC he is one of main
>>> person behind
>>> phobos. A stable version of D is not useful without a stable
>>> version of
>>> phobos and druntime to go with it.
>>
>> I'm very supportive of a serious, meaningful initiative.
>>
>> My perception is that we're having growing pains - our process
>> is
>> lagging behind the participation in the project and the
>> attention it
>> receives. If Walter and I do not acknowledge that in time and
>> act
>> swiftly on it, we're heading toward a crisis in the community
>> much, much
>> larger and dangerous than the D1/D2 schism.
>>

>> Andrei
>
> I know, I feel the same way.

The alienation will be between those who want to see D continue
to evolve, vs those who want to see D cast in stone from any
further breaking changes.

Example, check out the madness being argued in this thread ...
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/sdcmmiqtlcfrfgvmwvrr@forum.dlang.org?page=1

This kind of clashing will only get worse unless something is
done about it.
--rt