Deprecated Library Functions / Methods

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 17:58:57 PST 2012

On Monday, 3 December 2012 at 00:52:55 UTC, Joshua Niehus wrote:
>> I don't like leaving clutter in code, and in this case, I
>> think that it's safe and reasonable to clean up that clutter.
>>
>> - Jonathan M Davis
> +1

-1. There's really no harm in leaving it there. On my hard drive,
I have somewhere in the ballpark of a gigabyte of code saved
(includes random apps I've compiled over the years).

I don't know what most of it is, and I don't really care. If I
need it, its there, and if not, whatever, there's not much, if
anything, of a downside to having crap saved. My hard drive is
still 75% free, access to the files I want is as fast as ever,
and so on.

With deprecated alias.... if you don't use it, whatever. With old
code, if you don't use it.... you won't even notice its there.

The only real downside I can think of is making the full download
a bit slower. I don't think this is important. zipped code is
small code. Besides, with the real world "problem" today, what
are we even talking about? 50 kilobytes? Big deal.