D plugin for IntelliJ IDEA?

Oliver Plow jeti789 at web.de
Mon Dec 3 04:43:35 PST 2012

On Monday, 3 December 2012 at 11:12:48 UTC, Mirko Pilger wrote:
>> I used Visual D when I looked at D some months ago. Visual D
>> is not so
>> bad, but doesn't work with Visual Studio Express and the full
>> Version of
>> Visual Studio does cost a bit of money...
>
> don't forget that visual d and all its features work with the
> visual studio shells which are available for free. no need for
> the express or full versions.

Hi Mirko,

I'm from the Java camp and am not familiar with Visual Studio.
Those shells have no UI, do they? Those "ordinary application
developers like me" always first ask for an IDE before they look
at some language. Maybe I will never become a real D systems
programmer ... ;-).

Thanks for your reply, but seriously: a D plugin for IDEA would
give D a boost. I don't know with IntelliJ wold do that without
asking for money, but I guess they wold be very helpful at least.
IDEA also exists for Mac and Linux by the way.

Cheers, Oliver