D plugin for IntelliJ IDEA?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 04:57:55 PST 2012

On Monday, 3 December 2012 at 12:43:36 UTC, Oliver Plow wrote:

> I'm from the Java camp and am not familiar with Visual Studio.
> Those shells have no UI, do they? Those "ordinary application
> developers like me" always first ask for an IDE before they
> look at some language. Maybe I will never become a real D
> systems programmer ... ;-).

The shell *is* the UI. I don't own VS either, so the shell is
what I use for Visual D. Install the shell first, then install
Visual D and you are good to go.

> Thanks for your reply, but seriously: a D plugin for IDEA would
> give D a boost. I don't know with IntelliJ wold do that without
> asking for money, but I guess they wold be very helpful at
> least. IDEA also exists for Mac and Linux by the way.

I rather doubt it would give D much of a boost. Though it would
certainly be a nice options. Right now, it seems (anectdotally)
that the most popular options are Visual D and Mono D. Both are
good choices.