D plugin for IntelliJ IDEA?

Mariusz `shd` Gliwiński alienballance at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 10:40:22 PST 2012

03.12.2012 11:49, Oliver Plow:
> Just got the idea whether it would make sense to ask the people at
> JetBrains whether they would make a plugin for D. IntelliJ IDEA seems
> to me to be the IDE with must support for other languages than Java.
> The Scala and Groovy plugin to me are the best ones compared to
> NetBeans and eclipse.
I'm using this IDE - besides from scala - for lua (and PHPStorm in work).

Basing on their quality i would be guessing it's fast/easy to write good
addons for IntelliJ IDEA.

If someone is not aware of that yet - they released free version on
Apache License ( http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/free_java_ide.html). It's
possible to make your own plugins for different languages just as LUA
and SCALA community did.

If i had knowledge i would make one for D, but unfortunately i haven't
(and not enough time to learn). So, summing up - i think that's a great
post and if someone wants to make another IDE for D i would recommend
going this way.

Ps. I don't think it's a good idea to contact jetbrains about that. The
only realistic way is to make it by D community itself.