Experimental Phobos modules?

Alex Rønne Petersen alex at lycus.org
Wed Dec 5 00:27:39 PST 2012

Hi,

I think we need a semi-formal process for experimental Phobos modules.
That is, modules that are slated for the Phobos review process and/or
eventual inclusion in Phobos but needs actual field testing to work out
a proper interface or implementation.

(I'm assuming most people in the community think an experimental package
namespace in Phobos is a good idea.)

Some people see the "etc" package as being this but I think it's too
poorly named. Something like "experimental" (or just "exp") would be
more sensible IMO.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how we might do this? Any bikeshedding?
I'm not really sure what the best way to go about this is, so really,
any input is very welcome.

--
Alex Rønne Petersen
alex at lycus.org