Experimental Phobos modules?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Dec 5 13:05:21 PST 2012

On Wednesday, December 05, 2012 21:32:37 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> On 05-12-2012 17:10, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > On Wednesday, December 05, 2012 15:10:59 Pragma Tix wrote:
> >> Years ago I have suggested to establish an incubator project.
> >
> > It's been suggested a few times, but no one ever does it. As with a lot of
> > things around here, unless someone steps up and champions it, it isn't
> > going to happen.
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> In this case, though, there isn't really much to *do*. People just need
> to send pull requests when they have a module they feel is ready for
> field testing.

Yes. But I think that that's completely inappropriate for putting into Phobos.
We would actually need a separate project for that. And someone would need to
set up and manage that project. Given that they wouldn't be doing code reviews
or maintaining the code or whatnot, it's not at all the same as getting
someone to take the time to produce a large piece of functionality for Phobos
and might ultimately end up not taking much time from the person leading the
project. But someone still needs to step up and do it. And no one has done
that. Several have suggested it, and a number of us have agreed that it's a
good idea, but as long as no one actually takes the initiative and actually
does it, it's just a nice idea.

- Jonathan M Davis