Better forum

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Dec 5 13:55:19 PST 2012

On 12/5/12 1:24 PM, js.mdnq wrote:
> I have a lot of trouble with the forum. Many times a msg will not post
> as it sits in a cycle waiting for the nntp server to get the message or
> for it to be announced.
>
> IMO there are much better forum software out there that would make it
> easier to communicate about D than the current method.
>
> http://www.mybb.com/ is free, pretty good, and relatively easy to setup.
>
> The ability to edit a post makes life much easier too!

I think that's a largely solved problem, as most who use
http://forum.dlang.org love it over other systems, and for those who
aren't into web forums there are good alternatives.

Of the features listed on http://www.mybb.com/features, it would be
great to include voting. Other than that, clearly we should on fixing
the issues with the system (as opposed to switching to another one).

Andrei