Experimental Phobos modules?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Dec 5 14:42:46 PST 2012

On Wednesday, December 05, 2012 22:52:09 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> Separate project? That kind of defeats the entire purpose: Making the
> to-be-tested module readily available to everyone...

It makes sense to me to have a separate package in Phobos for stuff that has
already been reviewed and is planned to be put into Phobos but we want to make
sure that it's 100% solid before committing to its API permanently. It does
not make sense to me to other stuff in there. That would be endorsing stuff that
isn't necessarily even close to a good enough state to go into Phobos. And how
would you even decide what went in there? I really don't think that any kind
of incubator project should go into Phobos-proper.

- Jonathan M Davis