Better forum

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 17:08:56 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 5 December 2012 at 22:32:41 UTC, js.mdnq wrote:
> Basically your stuck with the nntp protocol and trying to
> upgrade it is futile. (and talk about spam, newsgroups are
> loaded with them).
>
> Since BB's are pretty popular, free, and usually well designed,
> I wouldn't see why it would hurt to even have them in parallel.
> Eventually the legacy users will come over from/to the dark
> side when they see how much better it is.

We've had big debates about this a couple of times over the years
(I'm firmly in the BB camp and this group is the only reason I
have a newsreader installed). But each debate failed to even make
a dent. The people you need to convince aren't going to be
convinced. Period. So we're going to be stuck with NNTP for a
long time to come.