Better forum

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Wed Dec 5 17:13:49 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 5 December 2012 at 21:55:19 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:

> I think that's a largely solved problem, as most who use
> http://forum.dlang.org love it over other systems, and for
> those who aren't into web forums there are good alternatives.

I'm looking at the URL in my browser, and it's using
http://forum.dlang.org.

Sorry but I don't love it. I can't edit posts, it frequently
hangs when refreshing, hangs when posting, and it breaks up
threads frequently (like this one), which is rather unpleasant if
you're trying to follow a lengthy conversation.

My guess is that the people using a newsreader are OK, but a ton
of people prefer to use web browsers, I would hazard a guess that
most people who use the Internet don't even know what a
newsreader is.

> Of the features listed on http://www.mybb.com/features, it
> would be great to include voting. Other than that, clearly we
> should on fixing the issues with the system (as opposed to
> switching to another one).

Someone really needs to take a look at what's going wrong and try
to fix it, and if it cannot be fixed, than I would say an
alternative should be seriously considered.

--rt