Better forum

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Wed Dec 5 18:36:51 PST 2012

On Thursday, 6 December 2012 at 02:30:07 UTC, js.mdnq wrote:
> On Thursday, 6 December 2012 at 02:22:31 UTC, Vladimir
> Panteleev wrote:
>>> isolating yourself from the new generation of programmers,
>>> those are the people who will make or break D.
>>
>> I think I'm getting close to the edge here...
>>
>> I don't think there has ever been a case in history where
>> someone has decided not to use something because its forum
>> didn't have an "Edit" button.
>>
>> Way to over-dramatize.
>
> lol, who's being overly dramatic. Web based forums have much
> more than just an edit button than usenet.

Please enumerate all such features, and explain:

1. Why they are important to our community
2. How do they justify the drawbacks of splitting the community
or forcing NNTP/mailing-list users to migrate
3. Why they can't be implemented in the existing web interface
(or how that effort would not be justified compared to the above)