Better forum

Jeff Nowakowski jeff at dilacero.org
Wed Dec 5 21:47:45 PST 2012

On 12/05/2012 10:10 PM, js.mdnq wrote:

> Oh come on... so you're saying that if I make a mistake that changes
> the intent that I should just leave it alone or make a new post
> pointing out the mistake rather than being able to edit it?

Think twice, post once. Most mistakes are innocuous and don't need to be
corrected. If you need a correction, then yes, make a reply. The problem
is the basic principle of a conversation is lost if you make substantial
changes after other people have either read or replied to your post.

> You're just being ridiculous to be so...

No, it's the way I feel, and clearly I'm not the only one here. It also
mirrors the nature of conversations.

> and hell, no one is forcing you to edit your mistakes to make it
> easier for others to understand.

It's not my editing that I'm worried about. I'm worried about the
integrity of the conversation, as some people just can't resist
treating their post like a wiki essay.