New std.process revival

Alex Rønne Petersen alex at lycus.org
Thu Dec 6 10:40:56 PST 2012

Hi,

I decided to take a stab at reviving the new std.process written by Lars
T. Kyllingstad and Steven Schveighoffer.

The result is here:
https://github.com/alexrp/phobos/tree/new-std-process-update

I decided to extract the work into new commits because rebasing the old
branch in Lars's repo was way too cumbersome after so many months (and
that branch also had a lot of merge commits). The code is obviously not
written by me; all I did was a couple of build and test fixes.

It currently works on 32-bit and 64-bit Linux. It would be great if
someone could take it for a spin on OS X, FreeBSD, and Windows to see
how it fares there (I'm particularly worried that I may have broken the
Windows build).

Lars or Steven, would either of you be willing to go through the review
process with this module? I sent the druntime changes upstream a while
back, so the Phobos changes are really all that remain in order to have
it included.

--
Alex Rønne Petersen
alex at lycus.org