Better forum

js.mdnq js_adddot+mdng at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 11:49:47 PST 2012

On Thursday, 6 December 2012 at 19:39:07 UTC,
DypthroposTheImposter wrote:

>  It isn't the worst nor the best,
>
> I see many times where a thread gets split up -- eww
> can't edit anything -- eww
> At least I can view it as a forum not a mailing list - happy

Why can's a BBS be modified to integrate with the current forum?

After all, nntp and BBS's are basically databases with user
interfaces. (nntp through it's protocol and BBS's through web
browsers)

It seems that if D's forum works and is able to interface between
web based nd nntp then it wouldn't be hard to integrate or modify
a BBS to work with nntp. This way we get the best of both
worlds(or everyone can be happy).

To me, this is the best option and it shouldn't be difficult to
do.

e.g.,

When a person posts on the BB the message is sent to the nntp
server just as it is done here. Should be very simple as the
current forum already implements the code. (possibly just need to
massage the data a little)

When a response is made from nntp then it must be determined
where it fits. This is probably the difficult part but probably
be pretty easy.