New std.process revival

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Dec 6 14:25:33 PST 2012

On 2012-12-06 19:40, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I decided to take a stab at reviving the new std.process written by Lars
> T. Kyllingstad and Steven Schveighoffer.
>
> The result is here:
> https://github.com/alexrp/phobos/tree/new-std-process-update
>
> I decided to extract the work into new commits because rebasing the old
> branch in Lars's repo was way too cumbersome after so many months (and
> that branch also had a lot of merge commits). The code is obviously not
> written by me; all I did was a couple of build and test fixes.
>
> It currently works on 32-bit and 64-bit Linux. It would be great if
> someone could take it for a spin on OS X, FreeBSD, and Windows to see
> how it fares there (I'm particularly worried that I may have broken the
> Windows build).

On Mac OS X, move the declaration of "environ" out of the Environment
class, it's used by two global functions.

Also, running the unit tests for Phobos, I get this:

http://pastebin.com/GrDrHMxi

I don't know if it has anything to do with the new std.process module or
not. This is all for 32bit.

--
/Jacob Carlborg