Better forum

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Dec 7 08:18:56 PST 2012

On Friday, December 07, 2012 21:59:56 Walter Bright wrote:
> On 12/7/2012 6:21 PM, Rob T wrote:
> > Maybe there are instructions buried away somewhere, but I didn't see them.
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/NewsGroup.html

We might to want to do something at dlang.org or forum.dlang.org to make it
clear that there are multiple ways to access the newsgroups. We get threads
like this in part because new people find forum.dlang.org and have no idea that
the other interfaces ever exist or that we use nntp on the backend. It's also
unlikely that very many people are going to stumble on the page that you
linked at this point, because most of them will probably just be visiting
dlang.org rather than digitalmars.org, so only those who have been around
longer or who find out about it from discussions like this are going to know
about the other interfaces or how to access them.

- Jonathan M Davis