Concern about dmd memory usage on win32

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 11:04:54 PST 2012

On 12/7/12, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
> Then I'd have two suggestions then:

Actually there is one other way, use version specifiers and then
re-compile using different versions, e.g.:

<line 1>
version(StdAlgTest1)
{
<..lots of tests...>
}

<line 1000>
version(StdAlgTest2)
{
<..lots of tests...>
}

<line 2000>
version(StdAlgTest3)
{
<..lots of tests...>
}

Then the makefile would have to compile algorithm.d 3 times, via something like:

$ rdmd --unittest -version=StdAlgTest1 --main std\algorithm.d
$ rdmd --unittest -version=StdAlgTest2 --main std\algorithm.d
$ rdmd --unittest -version=StdAlgTest3 --main std\algorithm.d

In fact, why aren't we taking advantage and using rdmd already instead
of using a seperate unittest.d file? I've always used rdmd to test my
Phobos changes, it works very simple this way. All it takes to test a
module is to pass the --unittest and --main flags and the module name.