Officially moving to MediaWiki?

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Sat Dec 8 15:52:47 PST 2012

The topic has been discussed extensively a short while ago, so
I'll keep this short:

As you will probably remember, Vladimir Panteleev has kindly
agreed to set up a MediaWiki instance, meant to replace the
current D wiki at prowiki.org. It is reachable at
http://dwiki.kimsufi.thecybershadow.net/Main_Page, and several
people have actively been adding content to it already (thanks a
lot!).

In my opinion, it is already much more inviting than the old
wiki. The next logical step would be to officially adopt it as
the D wiki, i.e. make wiki.dlang.org point to it and change the
links on dlang.org accordingly.

So, the question is, what is stopping us from doing that right
now? Is there anything important missing? [1]

At this point, the MediaWiki instance still has slightly less
content, but I think this will quickly change once it has
received the official blessing. Besides that, it will probably be
a good idea to keep around the old one as an archive anyway, at
least for a short while.

David

[1] The DIPs have not been moved yet, but that's in order to
avoid confusion regarding the official source.