Officially moving to MediaWiki?

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Sun Dec 9 04:12:48 PST 2012

On Sunday, 9 December 2012 at 11:32:57 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2012-12-09 08:19, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>
>> Well, most of the content on the current Wiki is dead from
>> what I can
>> understand in our forum discussions.
>
> I think the Library and Frameworks section could be fleshed out.

My idea here is that once we have officially decided that we want
to go forward with the new wiki, everybody would just add their
own favorite libraries there. Of course, we could already do this
_now_ in theory, but I think the chance of this happening, even
if it just takes five minutes, is small as long as the new wiki
is nothing but a experiment somebody put up on his own domain.

Regarding content missing from the new wiki, I doubt that it
makes sense to migrate the complete set of pages (e.g. the list
of libraries) from Prowiki – many are just plain outdated, and we
could take this as an opportunity to get rid of the cruft.

David