Officially moving to MediaWiki?

Maxim Fomin maxim at maxim-fomin.ru
Sun Dec 9 05:21:25 PST 2012

On Sunday, 9 December 2012 at 13:03:02 UTC, Mariusz Gliwiński
wrote:
> W dniu 2012-12-09 07:13, Maxim Fomin pisze:
>> I agree that moving from prowiki to mediawiki is a good idea,
>> but new site is just almost empty
>> (http://dwiki.kimsufi.thecybershadow.net/?title=Special:RecentChanges&days=30&from=&limit=500
>> see also
>> http://dwiki.kimsufi.thecybershadow.net/Special:AllPages) and
>> some portion of it is dedicated to developers (Walter Bright,
>> Alexandrescu and others) which is not very interesting for
>> those who are seeking language technical details.
> I agree there's a lot to improve, but i tried to port
> everything i found and which didn't looked outdated for me.
>
> Another thing is, as someone mentioned before, that i don't
> want to spend too much  time on something that is may not be
> even seen publicly.

Are you actually asking to make Vladimir's wikisite accessible at
wiki.dlang.org (or moving its database to mediawiki instance
located at wiki.dlang.org)? Probably this is a good idea even
assuming that the site is just almost empty - it can be incentive
to participate in it.

> Could you point out why old wiki is better than new one in its
> current state?

I didn't tell this.