Moving towards D2 2.061 (and D1 1.076)

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Dec 9 23:57:43 PST 2012

On Monday, December 10, 2012 08:50:39 Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> > This will be the last official D1 release.
>
> Is it already time? Still no support for dynamic libraries in sight:
>
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/jc0ic5$18bv$2@digitalmars.com?page=8#post-jc9q
> us:248o0:242:40digitalmars.com

It was previously stated that official support for D1 was ending at the end of
this year, so it makes perfect sense that the next release would be the last
one given that it's likely to be later this month (though could be at the
beginning of next year if sorting out regressions takes too long). AFAIK, D1
hasn't gotten any new features in ages, and if it doesn't support dynamic
libraries yet, I wouldn't expect it to ever support them. But that's up to
Walter.

- Jonathan M Davis