Moving towards D2 2.061 (and D1 1.076)

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Dec 10 05:03:29 PST 2012

On 2012-12-10 13:43, Walter Bright wrote:

> BTW, I've fixed every bug report on the dynamic libraries where anyone
> identified an issue with how dmd generates PIC code for dynamic libraries.

Yeah, that's great. But that doesn't make dynamic libraries magically
work. The runtime still need to support it. On Mac OS X there will most
likely need to be made some changes to the compiler as well. I'm
thinking mostly to support TLS, the ___tls_get_addr need to receive an
image (mach_header) in addition to the address of the variable.

--
/Jacob Carlborg