the Disruptor framework vs The Complexities of Concurrency

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Dec 10 12:08:32 PST 2012

On 12/9/12 10:58 PM, Nick B wrote:
[about the Disruptor framework]
> Would Andrei like to comment on any of the comments so far ??

Sorry, I'd need to acquire expertise in Disruptor before discussing it.
I found http://disruptor.googlecode.com/files/Disruptor-1.0.pdf quite
difficult to get into because it spends the first page stating how good
Disruptor is, then the next 3 pages discussing unrelated generalities,
to then start discussing implementation details still without really
defining the pattern. I had to stop there.

Is there a more concise description of the pattern?

Andrei