Next focus: PROCESS

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Mon Dec 10 19:46:27 PST 2012

On Monday, 10 December 2012 at 23:41:25 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:

> Please chime in with ideas and thoughts.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

Andrei, as you know, a lot has already been discussed here:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/k99coi$1q5e$1@digitalmars.com

In summary, here's where I understood things were left at ...

Instead of all of our ideas getting mixed around in multiple
threads and eventually vanishing into the black hole, we had
decided that we needed a fixed location to discuss and work on
the issue, and a place where documents that describe the process
can be developed and stored.

The poster named "1100110" started a git repo here
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language-Stable/dmd/wiki/Specification

I'm not sure it should be called "D-Programming-Language-Stable",
it should be named something like
"D-Programming-Language-Dev-Process", and it should only be
concerned with developing the new development and release process
for D.

--rt