Next focus: PROCESS

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Tue Dec 11 03:48:07 PST 2012

Am 11.12.2012 03:02, schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu:
> On 12/10/12 7:19 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> Sounds OK to me, though it seems unnecessarily complicated.
>
> FWIW there's also this:
>
> http://drewfradette.ca/a-simpler-successful-git-branching-model/
>

> Andrei

Just throwing this in: http://vibed.org/temp/branch-model-small.png

It avoids the pull request problem that was mentioned (pull target for a new feature may often
erroneously be master vs. develop) and treats the release branches as the stable branches from which
release tags are directly published. This seems pretty close to the actual mode of development and a
single master for releases, as in the "successful git branching" models, seems to be insufficient
anyway; continuous parallel releases of 1.x and 2.x (or 2.0.x and 2.1.x) seem not to really fit in
there.