Moving towards D2 2.061 (and D1 1.076)

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 11 14:20:10 PST 2012

On 11 December 2012 17:44, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> On 12/11/2012 5:37 AM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>>
>> I foresee that this release will be the biggest pain in the ass to
>> merge downstream into GDC. I wonder if David on LDC's side shares the
>> same concern...
>

> Why?

If the last release was anything to go by - I think it was 4 months in
development - there were quite a lot of changes that stepped on the
toes of the GNU frontend code that required a few unexpected changes.
eg; introduction of struct Obj. Plus the shear size of changes makes
it a delicate task to make sure that anything pulled in does not
remove any GDC-specific changes in D Frontend.

Maybe it's just me, but so far this has been 5 months in development,
and the thought of working on a larger set of changes just seems to be
an impending daunt over my head. :o)

It shouldn't be though, it should just be as simple as a replacing the
old files with the new and done.  But that's something that should
consider to work towards in the future.

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';