dlang.org Library Reference

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Wed Dec 12 02:13:35 PST 2012

Am 11.12.2012 22:13, schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu:
> On 12/11/12 3:54 PM, Rob T wrote:

>>> Man, how did I miss that? I like that.
>>
>> http://vibed.org/temp/phobos/std/datetime.html
>>
>> Wow, that's a HUGE improvement to what has been a very difficult read
>> for std.datetime.
>>
>> I'd like to bookmark the Vibe Phobos reference page for use as my
>> library reference. Will it remain there at least until the official web
>> page reference is improved in a similar or identical way?
>
> Do whom do we talk about Borging the vibe dox into dlang.org?
>
> Andrei

Sorry, didn't see this until now. So from the top of my head these would be the points that are
necessary to properly integrate it:

 1. Need to write a template that integrates nicely with dlang.org (simple part).

 2. Some adjustments to the Phobos DDOC comments are necessary. Some macros insert manual links or
other things that may not be needed or would insert the wrong target URLs (e.g. $(MYREF) in
std.algorithm). The docs automatically get full cross linking by searching the doc comments for
identifiers. This also means that there may be a (higher) number of false positives which need to be
escaped with "_" as per the DDOC specification.

 3. Some adjustments for (or an alternative version of) std.ddoc to leave out some HTML styling or
linking

 4. There are probably some smaller glitches that need to be resolved over time (such as the
"See_Also:" section, which should probably be displayed as "See also" or in a whole different way).

 5. The JSON output is a bit sparse and buggy in some places (templates, enums), which results in
missing bits in some places. I'm counting on https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/1179
to fix this at some point.

I could make a repository and put everything needed for 1, 3 and 4, as well as a generator script,
in there. 2 mostly needs to be tackled in the Phobos sources but shouldn't be that big of a deal.