OT (partially): about promotion of integers

Max Samukha maxsamukha at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 07:30:28 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 12 December 2012 at 02:44:42 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> UDAs are a primo example of this.

OT: Why those are not allowed on module decls and local decls? We
can't use UDAs on decls in unittest blocks. We can't use a UDA to
mark a module reflectable, can't put an attribute on a
"voldemort" type, etc. Please don't introduce arbitrary
restrictions. That way you exclude many valid potential use
cases, a recurring pattern that constantly pisses of D users.
Features should be as general as reasonably possible. Otherwise,
they *do* make us go herculean lengths.