OT (partially): about promotion of integers

Max Samukha maxsamukha at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 07:57:10 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 12 December 2012 at 08:00:09 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 12/11/2012 11:53 PM, Walter Bright wrote:

>>> Isn't D on that same historical path?
>>
>> Many languages wander in the wilderness for years before they
>> catch on.
>>

> BTW, many rock bands burst out of nowhere on the scene with
> instant success. Overlooked is the previous 10 years the band
> struggled in obscurity.
>
> This includes bands like The Beatles. Well, 6 years for The
> Beatles.

Led Zep, too. Long time ago I read some pseudo-scientific book
called "Heavy Metal" (don't remember the author) who claimed it
is a rule: a couple of fans in the beginning, several years of
desperation and only after that - fame and fortune. Of course,
the reality as much more complex.