Moving towards D2 2.061 (and D1 1.076)

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Wed Dec 12 09:29:09 PST 2012

On Monday, 10 December 2012 at 00:34:33 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> It's time to do a release; to that end we should be working on
> tidying up the regressions.
>
> This will be the last official D1 release.

Just a heads up, GitHub has removed their Uploads feature[1].
Current uploads still work but this next release is going to need
to either go back to the Digital Mars server like it was before
or find a new home. I prefer the latter for speed reasons. Amazon
S3 is fast and works well (it's what GitHub Uploads was backed
by) and should be fairly affordable for the sizes we are talking
about (I'd guess $3-4 per month).

http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AmazonS3/latest/gsg/GetStartedWithS3.html

[1] https://github.com/blog/1302-goodbye-uploads