Next focus: PROCESS

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 11:44:54 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 12 December 2012 at 19:33:00 UTC, Rob T wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 December 2012 at 18:47:58 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 12 December 2012 at 18:04:43 UTC, Joseph Rushton
>> Wakeling wrote:
>>> People have talked about Debian's unstable => testing =>
>>> stable model, but instead, why not consider something more
>>> akin to Ubuntu's LTS and interim releases?
>>

>> No, no, please. As already stated, distro release systems
>> intend to solve the exact opposite problem of ours. If you
>> want to look at what is done in the field, look at other
>> programming languages.
>
> Point taken. Do you have any links or further info to offer on
> this line of thinking? I'd like to investigate, so a starting
> point would be nice to have if you can offer one up. Thanks!

I did earlier, but let me repeat myself.

Distro rely on many program, that they intend to integrate.
Programming language rely on almost nothing but many programs
rely on them.

The problems you have to solve are the exact opposite of one
another.

I suggest considering how things are done in python, java, PHP or
other successful languages.