Next focus: PROCESS

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 19:00:24 PST 2012

This is how I see the two approaches without wrecking havoc on
current version numbers. I'll use [notes] to reference to the "A
successful Git branching model" article.

---------------front loaded (2.0 still back loaded)
stable
2.61   // always release whole number as stable
2.61.1 [Seen in the master branch coming from hotfix branch]
2.61.2
dev
2.62  // develop on whole number
2.63 [not shown they only do a single stable release]
2.64 [these releases are inclusive of hotfix, feature, and
release branch]
2.65 [first green circle]
2.66
2.67
rc
2.65rc1 // beat release into submission
2.65rc2 [this is the release branch]
----------------back loaded
stable
2.61.7 // always release in development
2.61.8 // continue work after release
2.61.9
dev
2.62 // always start development on whole
2.62.1
2.62.2
2.62.3
2.63
2.63.1
rc
2.62.3rc1 // beat release into submission
2.62.4rc2 // maybe change dev number