Unit tests not run when linking with Tango

SiegeLord none at none.com
Wed Dec 12 21:30:01 PST 2012

On Thursday, 13 December 2012 at 05:13:23 UTC, SiegeLord wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 December 2012 at 08:15:29 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
> wrote:
>> I'm trying to compile and run the unit tests of an application
>> which links with Tango (D2). The problem is it just won't run
>> the unit tests blocks. I tried with a simple Hello World
>> application, linking with Tango, and it has the same problems.
>>
>> Have anyone seen this problem before? Have I accidentally
>> compiled Tango with some flag(s) causing this behavior?
>
> Are you running the Tango unittests when you're doing that
> (i.e. are you compiling with the version=UnitTest ?)

FWIW I just tested this and aside from a few problematic modules
(involving stack traces) I could import every single Tango module
and still have the unittest run in my tiny test application
(tested on 64 bit Linux with dmd 2.060 and LDC2 trunk). I'm not
ruling out some bizzare module order issue, so if you could point
me to some code I can try to reproduce this with it'd be very
helpful.