OT (partially): about promotion of integers

foobar foo at bar.com
Thu Dec 13 00:01:32 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 12 December 2012 at 21:05:05 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 12/12/2012 2:53 AM, foobar wrote:
>> One example that comes to mind is the
>> future version of JavaScript is implemented in ML.
>
> Um, there are many implementations of Javascript. In fact, I
> have implemented it in both C++ and D.

Completely besides the point.
The discussion was about using ML in real life, not what you
specifically chose to use. The fact that you use D has no baring
on your own assertion that ML is effectively dead. Fact is _other
people and organizations_ do use it to great effect.
Also, I said _future version_ of JS, meaning the next version of
the ECMAscript standard. ML was specifically chosen as it allows
to both be efficient and verify the correctness of the
implementation.