OT (partially): about promotion of integers

xenon325 1 at a.net
Thu Dec 13 03:59:45 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 12 December 2012 at 08:25:04 UTC, Han wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>> Overlooked is the previous 10 years the band struggled in
>> obscurity.
>
> You KNOW that D has not been "overlooked". Developers and users
> with
> applications give it a look (the former mostly) and then choose
> something else.

Overlooked ? No. Using ? No. Disliked and abandoned ? No.

Quite a few times I've seen on the web people saying something
like:
"D looks *really* nice, can't use it right now, but definitely
keeping eye on it"

Same with myself. Keeping eye on it since mid-2010.

> Do you really think that D will ever have popularity to the
> level of The Beatles?

 From what I've seen so far, I'd say that's quite possible.

> Do you have a "Moses complex" (psychological) a little bit
> maybe?

You do understand this doesn't add anything to the discussion,
right ?