Moving towards D2 2.061 (and D1 1.076)

RenatoUtsch renatoutsch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 15:41:31 PST 2012

On Thursday, 13 December 2012 at 21:37:07 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 12/13/2012 12:46 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On 2012-12-13 18:27, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>>
>>> I am confused at this commit also.
>>
>> Walter argues that people are already using it so it can't
>> just be removed. I
>> say, they're using an unreleased version of DMD, this is to be
>> expected.
>>

> They have a large code base, and are using it heavily.

If they used a development compiler to write their code, they
should be able to continue doing that. This feature needs testing
before being rock solid and good to release.

Please, lets not release something not thoroughly tested when we
are in the middle of the new development process discussion, we
are trying to avoid exactly this kind of thing. Even if the
feature is not introducing backwards incompatible changes, this
will cause problems when we discover, in the future, that we made
some bad decision and won't be able to change it anymore.