Moving towards D2 2.061 (and D1 1.076)

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 19:30:56 PST 2012

On Thursday, 13 December 2012 at 23:41:32 UTC, RenatoUtsch wrote:
> Please, lets not release something not thoroughly tested when
> we are in the middle of the new development process discussion,
> we are trying to avoid exactly this kind of thing.

The process must be defined before we can use it and UDA has
already missed that boat. I'm in agreement with the way Andrei
has said it, we need to let this slide.

> Even if the feature is not introducing backwards incompatible
> changes, this will cause problems when we discover, in the
> future, that we made some bad decision and won't be able to
> change it anymore.

Hopefully we are defining the process that we can handle these
changes. We'll never have enough testing to not make this mistake.

So let us go make this process for Walter to follow and neg him
later. (You don't throw people in jail when what they did was
criminalized a year later)