the Disruptor framework vs The Complexities of Concurrency

Nick B nick.barbalich at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 20:19:41 PST 2012

On Monday, 10 December 2012 at 23:04:56 UTC, Nick B wrote:
> On Monday, 10 December 2012 at 20:08:32 UTC, Andrei
> Alexandrescu wrote:
>> On 12/9/12 10:58 PM, Nick B wrote:
>> [about the Disruptor framework]
>>> Would Andrei like to comment on any of the comments so far ??
>>
>> Sorry, I'd need to acquire expertise in Disruptor before
>> discussing it. I found
>> http://disruptor.googlecode.com/files/Disruptor-1.0.pdf quite
>> difficult to get into because it spends the first page stating
>> how good Disruptor is, then the next 3 pages discussing
>> unrelated generalities, to then start discussing
>> implementation details still without really defining the
>> pattern. I had to stop there.
>>
>> Is there a more concise description of the pattern?
>>

>> Andrei
>
> I have looked, but I think the answer is to this question is no.
>
> Nick

Correction. The answer to this question is actually YES.
Read the martinfowler article. See the link below.

see Dmitry comments below, as well as  I'd consider

[Dmitry comments] http://martinfowler.com/articles/lmax.html to
be quite nice
description as it helped me to decipher the most of details.
The paper itself lacks illustrative material, focuses too much on
overcoming Java limitations and generally too terse with
important (to
me) details of the framework.

Totally agree.

Nick