Let's get staging (was: Next focus: PROCESS

Jesse Phillips Jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 09:49:53 PST 2012

On Friday, 14 December 2012 at 17:17:16 UTC, Rob T wrote:
> However here's a cautionary note: I read that Walter has
> specific motives right now concerning a timely release for a
> strategic D user that can help move D into a more prominent
> position, so if we're to support a release as smoothly as
> possible, I wonder if now is or is not the time to try this out
> on 2.61?

I thought on this and believe it is a good time to make 2.61
stable. Especially with Walter wanting to keep the feature
(syntax) in just for them. They can trust it will remain a
warning for x years.

But let us do this for a shorter than planned stable. This will
allow us to try out the new process, and be no worse off than
before.

But let us first get this branch. Ignoring how long this release
will last we should all be agreeable on continuing development in
master and fixing release bugs in 'staging'