Moving towards D2 2.061 (and D1 1.076)

RenatoUtsch renatoutsch at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 09:35:33 PST 2012

On Saturday, 15 December 2012 at 16:16:11 UTC, SomeDude wrote:
> On Friday, 14 December 2012 at 01:26:35 UTC, Walter Bright
> wrote:
>> On 12/13/2012 5:10 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>>> Remedy adopting D
>>
>> Saying that would be premature and incorrect at the moment. We
>> still have to ensure that Remedy wins with D. This is an
>> ongoing thing.
>
> Yes, but what H.S. Theoh wrote about the desperate need of
> process is still true and correct. Like many others here, I
> think it's the biggest problem with D right now for its
> adoption. I for one will never consider using D for my main
> line of work without a true STABLE branch: a branch you can
> rely on. And yet I'm pretty sold to the language, but when your
> project is at stake, what you need is security. And the current
> development scheme doesn't provide that.

Yeah, but if people doesn't help to define a new process, no
process will ever be defined.

We are trying to do something like that, any support or ideas
will be helpful. The community needs to help to define this, and
Walter already said that he will agree on what the community
defines.

See:
http://wiki.dlang.org/Release_Process
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/ka5rv5$2k60$1@digitalmars.com