Moving towards D2 2.061 (and D1 1.076)

Kai Nacke kai at redstar.de
Sat Dec 15 12:40:18 PST 2012

On 12.12.2012 02:42, David Nadlinger wrote:
> On Tuesday, 11 December 2012 at 13:37:16 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>> I foresee that this release will be the biggest pain in the ass to
>> merge downstream into GDC. I wonder if David on LDC's side shares the
>> same concern...
>
> I have been busy with getting LDC ready for the next release lately, so
> I didn't have a closer look at the state of things with regard to
> merging yet. However, it seems like Kai has already put together a patch
> which merges the frontend as it was a few days ago (see
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/wiki/Building-and-hacking-LDC-on-Windows-using-MSVC),
> so maybe he has any comments on this?
>
> David

To merge the frontend I created a MSBUILD script which uses git to
perform a 3-way merge. I commit the source of the previous dmd fe,
create a ldc branch and commit the current fe source. Then I commit the
current dmd fe and try to merge it into the ldc branch. The number of
merge conflicts is then an indicator how difficult the merge is.

With 2.061 I got only a few merge conflicts. For me it seems to be
easier to merge then the previous release.

Kai