Compilation strategy

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Dec 16 01:21:05 PST 2012

On 12/16/2012 12:57 AM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> It likely is in bugzilla, but with thousands of open tickets, things get
> forgotten and suffer the same 'will never get fixed' rigmarole.

On the other hand, not putting it in bugzilla will *guarantee* it is forgotten
and never fixed.

And actually, several people regularly go through bugzilla removing dups, fixing
what they can, resolving things that were corrected by other fixes, and drawing
attention to others.

Very, very few get marked as "will not fix".

Nobody goes through the newsgroup doing this.

Bugzilla has its problems, but I've not seen a better way to do this.